a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Outfit Inspired By Drops of Jupiter By Train with Lulu*s.com


Comet's Tail Galaxy Print Skirt (sold out, but here's similar, exact): c/o Lulu*s.
Luxe Black Spiked Cap Toe Heels: (sold out, but here's similar): c/o Lulu*s.
Infinity for Two Gold Rhinestone Necklace: (sold out,but here's similar): c/o Lulu*s.

Hello there!
Here is my third outfit inspired by my favorite songs in collaboration with Lulu*s!

Drops of Jupiter by Train has been my all time favorite song since I can remember. When I was a little girl in the late 90's and early 2000's I remember hearing this song on the radio and loving it every time. It wasn't until I got older and rediscovered it (in my middle school years) that I could really appreciate the lyrics and the meaning.  

It's hard for me to explain this song and it's meaning to me. When I was in 10th grade we had to decipher our favorite song line by line and this was the one I chose. It's one of those songs that means something different to every person. To me it meant finding yourself and that journey to get there. The song always reassured me that the path to being happy wouldn't be easy, it wouldn't be short. It would be like the beautiful metaphor of traveling through space used throughout the song- dazzling, exhilarating, scary, and awe inspiring. 

For my outfit I went with a bit more of a literal representation than my previous two outfits- a galaxy print skirt! I thought it appropriate that the outfit showed a few sides of myself I've come to discover over the past few years. The very shy, naive, overly sensitive side represented by the light lilac sweater. And the harsh, dark, and often self-destructive part of myself represented in these (ahem) totally awesome spiked heels. 

If you haven't gone on your own milky way journey yet, I suggest you start soon. It's never too late 

With much love, Lauren.

P.S. Here is my first and second looks if you missed them! Stay tuned for one last one next Thursday.

SHARE:

13 comments

Camille said...

I love all of the pretty pops of pastel in your look! You look so pretty and you totally pull of those crazy cool lavender lips. I never thought that I would see you in spike-y heels but I like them! I can't wait for your next outfit inspired by music post!

xoxo
Camille
http://thefunkyfashionista.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

You are so beautiful! Inside and out <3

Anonymous said...

Lauren! This is my favorite outfit of yours that you've ever worn!! I LOVE IT!!
~Sarah

K. Elise said...

You look lovely! That lip color really suits you.

tulip-agate.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

such a lovely skirt!<3 you look stunning. Please visit my blog!
http://www.thatseamslovely.com

Ashley Holloway said...

Love the lips, the skirt, and those rockin' heels! Drops of Jupiter is one of my all-time favorite songs as well! Their new CD is wonderful, I'm always listening to it on repeat while editing pictures lol!

Tonya said...

Absolutely stunning! You are rocking that lip color girl! You look fabulous (:

YEYE STYLE BLOG said...

Love your outfit so much :)
laviecestyeye.com

Anonymous said...

I love the third photo! Shows those amazing heels, and the pretty galaxy skirt :) I like your interpretations of the songs!

Mamalina said...

You are truly amazing!

Kisses,

Mamalina

http://dresssidestory.blogspot.ro/

claire said...

This might be the coolest skirt I've ever seen... I'm obsessed with galaxy prints, they're just so cool looking! I love how you paired it with a purple sweater! x

Unknown said...

What a super fun skirt! I also really love that little purple on you so much! Also, what a great song choice! I love Train.

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Can't tell you how much I LOVE this skirt!!!!

findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com

Blogger Template by pipdig