a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Friday, July 27, 2012

Remix #13.

Remixed Item: Floral Mary Jane Heels- Forever21.

Hello, hello everyone!
So it's been quite awhile since I've done a remix post...It was a pretty regular feature for awhile there and then I forgot all about it! Anywho, I thought it would be fun to bring it back because remixing is such a vital part to my wardrobe. I don't have the money to constantly buy new items, so wearing pieces in different ways is always an awesome challenge.

These heels have certainty been one! I tend to only buy neutral colored, basic shoes because I'm so scared of not getting my money's worth out of them, just having them sit collecting dust. I bought these floral mary janes though from Forever21 around this time last year and was SO nervous about what I was going to pair them with.

They've ended up being such a fun, flirty, and definitely eye catching piece in my wardrobe that I am so glad I ended up getting. Although it's always important to have plenty of basics, having a fun piece or two is always lovely, as well ;)

I haven't been this excited in awhile, but tomorrow I'm going on a HUGE shopping trip to Columbus for my birthday (which is Wednesday!). I really only get to go 'shopping' once a  and I couldn't think of a better b-day gift than shopping at all my favorite stores (minus Modcloth) all day and hitting up the Cheesecake Factory for a delicious treat. We're starting out early tomorrow and should be gone all day. 
SO EXCITED!

Also, I was over the moon to find out the Modcloth featured me on their blog for their 'fav finds' feature. I was pretty much jumping up and down to be featured by one of my favorite clothing stores and the company I hope dream to work for one day. Here's the feature if you'd like to check it out.

See you all soon and have a lovely weekend!

SHARE:

15 comments

Maria said...

Those shoes are SO cute and I've been looking everywhere for shoes similiar. I love the way you styled them in all these outfits... especially the last <3
Have fun on your trip tomorrow, I can't WAIT to see what you buy :)
xx Maria

Unknown said...

I always love when you wear these shoes; they are just adorable. A great find!

Have fun shopping tomorrow! That sounds like a blast. I can't wait to see all what you find!

Congrats on being featured on the ModCloth blog that is AMAZING. You totally deserve it. :)

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I just love these posts. It always give me so many idea on how to remix my own pieces. I swear every time you do one one of these I end up look at all the past ones as well! haha thanks for the ideas...I love ur shoes. Always have <3

Keep Shining, lizzy

Anonymous said...

I have those heels!! Unfortunately, the last time I wore them, the strap broke, so I need to sew it. But I love them. :) I love the way you remixed the shoes in such different outfits. I think the last photo is my favorite! Hope you have a great birthday and can't wait to see what you find shopping! <3

toni

Et tu, tutu? said...

I found your blog on Modcloth! Congrats! I also dream of working there someday, haha. Hopefully doing an internship next summer...*fingers crossed*

I love these heels, and I think my favourite outfit is the black lace dress. So cute! Your style is impeccable. Happy shopping!

-Lindsey
Et tu, tutu?

Anonymous said...

you are so pretty Lauren! these outfits are amazing, you have a real way with styling clothes, and what beautiful shoes!
X jane

http://thetaleoftwobuttons.blogspot.com

Carina said...

Love all of these outfits! Great style :)

R said...

Hi Lauren!
Thanks a lot for your nice words in the comment at the blog!

You are always so beautiful and have a wonderful style. I love your posts.You are a good writer.
I don't buy clothes often, because my money goes to anything else. I don't know how :-)) I often buy my clothes in Second-hand! There are always diffirent things there. I often thinking about the environment. The money goes often too good things if I buy things in second-hand you know. So it's nice. I love it :-)

I like when you mix all different colors with different kinds of clothes in your closet :-)

Good Luck!

With love /R

http://ladolcevita.looky.se/

Vicki said...

Those shoes are adorable!(:
Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! Hehe, my hair does not always look like that...generally it's a big frizzy mess, but with a bit of mousse and some finger-combing, I'm generally able to calm it down enough so it looks presentable.(;

~Vicki
deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I Love your floral shoes! :)

Ps. The Remix photos show us how much you've grown throughout this blog!

xo.Taylor

Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

Really cute! That last outfit is my favorite<3 I'm just a sucker for peter pan collars;)

blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Have fun on your trip! The cheesecake factory is seriously the best!!!! :-)

Camille said...

I am so obsessed with your floral Forever 21 heels! I want them so bad! If I ever see heels like them, I'm going to snatch them up.

I think it is so amazing how you were featured on Modcloth's website! Congrats, girlie! I didn't know that you wanted to work for them one day. That is so cool and I could definitely see you working there one day! You should try interning for them in college! I want to work for Seventeen Magazine as a fashion editor.

xoxo
The Funky Fashionista

Camille said...

I am so obsessed with your floral Forever 21 heels! I want them so bad! If I ever see heels like them, I'm going to snatch them up.

I think it is so amazing how you were featured on Modcloth's website! Congrats, girlie! I didn't know that you wanted to work for them one day. That is so cool and I could definitely see you working there one day! You should try interning for them in college! I want to work for Seventeen Magazine as a fashion editor.

xoxo
The Funky Fashionista

Teddi said...

lauren, it took me awhile to figure out that the remix item was your shoes. i like them so much. i've looked for a pair, when i 1st saw them on your blog. i haven't been able to find any. how long ago did you buy yours?

Blogger Template by pipdig